The Regional Office of Education is responsible for conducting the INITIAL PERMIT TRAINING that is required for all new school bus drivers prior to getting a bus permit, and the ANNUAL REFRESHER COURSE is required in the 12 month (364 days) period prior to renewing their school bus permit.
All new drivers must take an eight hour course in school bus driver safety and first aid, as prescribed by the
Illinois State Board of Education and administered by the Regional Office of Education.
The ROE provided 9 Initial Bus Driver Training courses for 106 participants and 51 Refresher for 1154 participants.
Trainings for over 1260 participants, this fiscal year.
As of July 1, 2015 the cost of the training class is $10.00.
To register for one of our Initial or Refresher Bus Courses visit our registration database here. If you have any questions, please contact Eleanor Morris at 630-444-3401.
When attending these trainings, please remember the following:
1. Bring your Driver’s License with you.
2. At the INITIAL TRAINING ~ Please bring a lunch.
3. Please be on time (late arrivals, will not be permitted).
4. You may not leave the class early, until the instructor dismisses class.
5. CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED (under any circumstances) in the State Initial or Refresher Courses.
6. If the driver cannot attend the class that he/she is scheduled for, the course fee is forfeited.
NOTE: All registrations for bus courses must be paid in full before the date of the class. If not paid, you will not be admitted in to the course.